Acoustic Levitation, Stephen Hawking’s Science Bets, Helmholtz Resonance, and Where Your Body Feels Emotions
Learn about how scientists mapped where people feel emotions in their bodies; how scientists can make things levitate using sound; 3 times Stephen Hawking placed a bet on science; and why your car makes different noises when the windows are open.
- Scientists Have Mapped Where People Feel Emotions in Their Bodies — https://curiosity.im/2D8oJyj
- We Can Make Things Levitate Using Sound — https://curiosity.im/2Da0iQU
- 7 Times People Made Bets on Science — https://curiosity.im/2D8HZeP
“Helmholtz Resonance” and why your slightly opened car windows make those awful thudding noises:
- Why Do Slightly Opened Car Windows Make That Awful Sound? | Jalopnik
- Flute acoustics: an introduction to how a flute works | UNSW
Please tell us about yourself and help us improve the show by taking our listener survey! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/curiosity-listener-survey
If you love our show and you’re interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You’ll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron!
Learn about these topics and more on Curiosity.com, and download our 5-star app for Android and iOS. Then, join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Plus: Amazon smart speaker users, enable our Alexa Flash Briefing to learn something new in just a few minutes every day!