Are Sleep-Deprived Men More Masculine?
Learn about why men who sleep more are seen as less masculine and what exactly makes radiation harmful. Then, test your podcast knowledge with this month’s Curiosity Challenge trivia game.
Men who sleep less are seen as more masculine by Kelsey Donk
- Men Who Sleep Less Are Seen As More Masculine: A Stereotype With Potentially Damaging Consequences. (2020, October 29). Research Digest; Research Digest. https://digest.bps.org.uk/2020/10/29/men-who-sleep-less-are-seen-as-more-masculine-a-stereotype-with-potentially-damaging-consequences/
- Warren, N. B., & Campbell, T. H. (2020). The Sleep-Deprived Masculinity Stereotype. The Association for Consumer Research. https://doi.org/10.1086/711758
What makes radiation harmful? by Cameron Duke
- How Does Radiation Affect Humans? (2019). Georgetown.Edu. https://bioethicsarchive.georgetown.edu/achre/final/intro_9_5.html
- Ionizing Radiation and Humans – The Basics. (2011). @physicscentral. https://www.physicscentral.com/explore/action/radiationandhumans.cfm
- NRC: The Student Corner: What Are The Different Types of Radiation? (2020). Nrc.Gov. https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/basic-ref/students/science-101/what-are-different-types-of-radiation.html
Episodes referenced in Curiosity Challenge Trivia with Diogo:
Subscribe to Curiosity Daily to learn something new every day with Ashley Hamer and Natalia Reagan (filling in for Cody Gough). You can also listen to our podcast as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.