Ask Smart People Stupid Questions (w/ Alie Ward)
Learn about why birds are the only surviving dinosaurs. Then, we’ll talk to Alie Ward of the Ologies podcast about why we should all ask smart people stupid questions.
Why are birds the only surviving dinosaurs? By Grant Currin
- Hendry, L. (2018, June 15). Why are birds the only surviving dinosaurs? The Natural History Museum London. https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/why-are-birds-the-only-surviving-dinosaurs.html
- Black, R. (2020, September 15). Why Birds Survived, and Dinosaurs Went Extinct, After an Asteroid Hit Earth. Smithsonian Magazine. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/why-birds-survived-and-dinosaurs-went-extinct-after-asteroid-hit-earth-180975801/
- Pickrell, J. (2018, May 24). How Did Dino-Era Birds Survive the Asteroid “Apocalypse”? National Geographic. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2018/05/dinosaurs-asteroid-birds-forests-fires-paleontology-science/
- Balter, M. (2014, May 6). How Birds Survived the Dinosaur Apocalypse. Science | AAAS. https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/05/how-birds-survived-dinosaur-apocalypse
Resources from Ologies host Alie Ward:
- Ologies Podcast: https://www.alieward.com/ologies
- Alie Ward’s website: https://www.alieward.com/
- Alie Ward on Twitter: https://twitter.com/alieward
- Alie Ward on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alieward/
Subscribe to Curiosity Daily to learn something new every day with Ashley Hamer and Natalia Reagan (filling in for Cody Gough). You can also listen to our podcast as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.