Carl Zimmer on What’s “In Your Genes,” Nudge Theory, and Post-Apocalyptic Cockroach Myths
Learn what it means when you have something “in your genes” with help from award-winning author Carl Zimmer; whether cockroaches really can survive a nuclear apocalypse; and how to change behaviors using a subtle suggestion.
Carl Zimmer, award-winning author and columnist for The New York Times, explains how our growing knowledge of genetics could change the way we understand ourselves.
- Could Cockroaches Really Survive a Nuclear Apocalypse? — https://curiosity.im/2tGXOmo
- A Subtle Suggestion May Be More Powerful Than Direct Instruction — https://curiosity.im/2tF0Szd
More from Carl Zimmer:
- Carl Zimmer’s website — https://carlzimmer.com/
- “She Has Her Mother’s Laugh: The Powers, Perversions, and Potential of Heredity” — https://amazon.com
- “Matter,” Zimmer’s weekly science column for The New York Times — http://www.nytimes.com/column/matter
- “What Is Life,” a podcast series of live conversations between writer Carl Zimmer and eight leading thinkers on the question of what it means to be alive — https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/what-is-life/id1451004288?mt=2
- Follow @CarlZimmer on Twitter — https://twitter.com/carlzimmer
- Additional publications from Carl Zimmer — https://amazon.com
If you love our show and you’re interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You’ll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.