Contagious Yawning, Conformal Cyclic Cosmology, Exercising for Mental Health, and Why Glitches Are “Bugs”
Learn about a controversial theory that says our universe is one of many previous universes; why we call computer glitches “bugs”; and the largest study ever showing how much exercise you need to boost your mental health. We’ll also answer the question: is yawning contagious?
- This Controversial Theory Says Our Universe Is Just One of Many Previous Universes
- Why Do We Call Computer Glitches “Bugs”?
- A Huge Study Shows Just How Much Exercise You Need to Boost Your Mental Health
Additional resources discussed:
- How Yawning Keeps Your Brain Cool | Curiosity.com
- Contagious yawning and psychopathy | ScienceDirect
- Do You Yawn When Other People Yawn? Congratulations, You’re Probably Not A Psychopath | Curiosity.com
- Contagious Yawning May Not Be Linked to Empathy; Still Largely Unexplained
Please tell us about yourself and help us improve the show by taking our listener survey! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/curiosity-listener-survey
If you love our show and you’re interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You’ll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron!
Learn about these topics and more on Curiosity.com, and download our 5-star app for Android and iOS. Then, join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Plus: Amazon smart speaker users, enable our Alexa Flash Briefing to learn something new in just a few minutes every day!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.