David Copperfield Talks Technology and Magic History
World-famous magician David Copperfield explains the surprising connection between magic and technology. Plus: learn about how ducklings get a speed boost when they swim in a line behind their mother.
More from David Copperfield:
- Pick up “David Copperfield’s History of Magic”: https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/David-Copperfields-History-of-Magic/David-Copperfield/9781982112912
- Website: https://www.davidcopperfield.com/
- Follow @D_Copperfield on Twitter: https://twitter.com/D_Copperfield
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/davidcopperfield
Ducklings get a speed boost when they swim in a line behind their mother by Cameron Duke
- Conover, Emily. (2021, October 20). “Here’s the Physics of Why Ducklings Swim in a Row behind Their Mother.” Science News. https://www.sciencenews.org/article/physics-why-ducklings-swim-row-behind-mother-duck-waves-energy
- University of Strathclyde. (2021, October 7). Riding the waves keeps ducks in a row. Phys.org. https://phys.org/news/2021-10-ducks-row.html
- Yuan, Z.-M., Chen, M., Jia, L., Ji, C., & Incecik, A. (2021). Wave-riding and wave-passing by ducklings in formation swimming. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 928. https://doi.org/10.1017/jfm.2021.820
Join Cody and Ashley during their CES Virtual Stage Talks at #CES2022, the Consumer Electronics Show, via livestream:
- Thursday, January 6, 10:30am PT / 1:30pm ET: Digital Optics and the Metaverse https://www.linkedin.com/video/event/urn:li:ugcPost:6874433397352128512/
- Thursday, January 6, 12:00pm PT / 3:00pm ET: Data as a Game Changer for Manufacturing Excellence https://www.linkedin.com/video/event/urn:li:ugcPost:6874112904824717312/
- Thursday, January 6, 2:30pm PT / 5:30pm ET: Bioelectronics and individualized medicine https://www.linkedin.com/video/event/urn:li:ugcPost:6876284351219339264/
- Friday, January 7, 10:30am PT / 1:30pm ET: The Race to the Future Computing Paradigm https://www.linkedin.com/video/event/urn:li:ugcPost:6873796556617781248/
- Friday, January 7, 12:00pm PT / 3:00pm ET: Smart Antenna Satellite Broadband Connectivity https://www.linkedin.com/video/event/urn:li:ugcPost:6874504071500349440/
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new Wednesday-Friday with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.