How Fruit Flies Are Like Humans, (w/ Stephanie Mohr), Your Changing Personality, and Pennies
Learn about how and why we study fruit flies with some help from Stephanie Mohr, author of the new book “First in Fly: Drosophila Research and Biological Discovery.” You’ll also learn why we still make pennies here in the U.S., and why science says your personality completely changes over time.
Get your copy of “First in Fly: Drosophila Research and Biological Discovery” on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2UFlrLQ
- The U.S. Penny Costs More Than 1 Cent to Produce — https://curiosity.im/2GoTkYQ
- Science Says You’re A Totally Different Person At 14 And 77 — https://curiosity.im/2IloIZD
Additional resources from Stephanie Mohr:
- “First in Fly: Drosophila Research and Biological Discovery” — https://amzn.to/2UFlrLQ
- Follow Stephanie Mohr on Twitter @smohrfly — https://twitter.com/smohrfly
- Harvard bio — https://scholar.harvard.edu/smohr
If you love our show and you’re interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You’ll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.