How to Prepare for a Warmer Future (w/ David Pogue)
Bestselling author and CBS news correspondent David Pogue discusses why preparing for climate change is just as important as fighting it, with. Then, you’ll learn why you can make someone less defensive by making them feel validated.
Additional resources from David Pogue:
- Pick up “How to Prepare for Climate Change: A Practical Guide to Surviving the Chaos” on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3fq65UY
- David Pogue’s website: https://davidpogue.com
- David Pogue on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Pogue
- David Pogue on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThePogueman
People are less defensive when they feel validated by Kelsey Donk
- If We Don’t Feel Socially Accepted, We Get More Defensive When We’ve Done Something Wrong. (2021, March 9). Research Digest; Research Digest. https://digest.bps.org.uk/2021/03/09/if-we-dont-feel-socially-accepted-we-get-more-defensive-when-weve-done-something-wrong/
- Wenzel, M., Woodyatt, L., & McLean, B. (2020). The effects of moral/social identity threats and affirmations on psychological defensiveness following wrongdoing. British Journal of Social Psychology, 59(4), 1062–1081. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjso.12378
Follow Curiosity Daily to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer — for free! You can also listen to our podcast as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.