Human-Wildlife Conflict and Believing Leisure Is a Waste of Time
Learn about the science of human-wildlife conflicts; and what you risk by believing that leisure is a waste of time.
More from “America’s funniest science writer” Mary Roach:
- Pick up “Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law” at your local bookstore: https://www.indiebound.org/book/9781324001935
- Mary Roach’s official website: https://maryroach.net/
- Follow @mary_roach on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mary_roach
Believing leisure is a waste of time makes you less happy by Steffie Drucker
- Believing leisure is wasteful reduces happiness. (2021, August 24). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/926261
- Selin Malkoc. (2021, August 25). I studied people who think leisure is a waste of time – here’s what I found. The Conversation. https://theconversation.com/i-studied-people-who-think-leisure-is-a-waste-of-time-heres-what-i-found-165929
- Tonietto, G. N., Malkoc, S. A., Reczek, R. W., & Norton, M. I. (2021). Viewing leisure as wasteful undermines enjoyment. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 97, 104198. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jesp.2021.104198
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.