Interstellar Travel, Artificial Intelligence, and Immortality with Michio Kaku
Mining asteroids, traveling on laser beams, and developing self-aware robots: science fiction or science fact? World-renowned physicist and futurist Michio Kaku says that these milestones are not only in humanity’s future, but are beginning to occur right now. Dr. Kaku joins the Curiosity Podcast for a fascinating inside look at interstellar travel, artificial intelligence, human immortality, and alien contact.
More reading from Curiosity:
- We’ll Say Goodbye To Our Planet In 1,000 Years, Says Stephen Hawking
- Two Countries Have Made Space Mining Legal. But Is That, Well, Legal?
- Astronomers Have Found 7 Earth-Sized Planets Around The Same Star
- String Theory Says We Have at Least 10 Dimensions, but That’s Not the Weirdest Thing About It
- The Kardashev Scale Is A Tool To Measure A Civilization’s Advancement
- Why the Three Laws of Robotics Wouldn’t Work — and What Would Instead
- A Ban on Killer Robots is a No-Brainer, Right? Not So Fast…
- What’s Elon Musk’s Plan For Life On Mars?
- People Are More Comfortable Around Robots When They’re Programmed To Do One Very Human Thing
- Learn About Life, The Universe, And Everything From A Theoretical Physicist
Additional links from Dr. Michio Kaku:
- Official Website of Dr. Michio Kaku
- Dr. Michio Kaku on Twitter @MichioKaku
- “The Future of Humanity: Terraforming Mars, Interstellar Travel, Immortality, and Our Destiny Beyond Earth”
- “Physics of the Impossible: A Scientific Exploration into the World of Phasers, Force Fields, Teleportation, and Time Travel”
- “The Future of the Mind: The Scientific Quest to Understand, Enhance, and Empower the Mind”
Other resources discussed:
- How Elon Musk Names His Inventions | Inverse
- New technology is forcing us to confront the ethics of bringing people back from the dead | Quartz
- Eternime wants you to live forever as a digital ghost | CNET
- Augmented Eternity and Swappable Identities | MIT
- When you have an itch, what is happening under your skin? | HowStuffWorks
- Cody Gough on Twitter @ProducerCody
- Ashley Hamer on Twitter @SmashleyHamer
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.