Local Honey Won’t Cure Your Allergies
Learn about why changing out of your pajamas while you work could improve your mental health; why local honey doesn’t stop seasonal allergies; and shisa kanko, a surprisingly simple Japanese ritual that greatly improves accuracy.
Working from home in your pajamas is linked to poorer mental health by Kelsey Donk
- The Re:Set Team. (2021, February 5). Scientists Say Working From Home in Pyjamas Can Dampen Your Mental Health. Re:Set. https://resetyoureveryday.com/scientists-working-from-home-pyjamas-mental-health/
- Alberta Health Services. (2021). End PJ Paralysis | Alberta Health Services. Alberta Health Services. https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/info/Page15971.aspx
- Chapman, D. G., & Thamrin, C. (2020). Scientists in pyjamas: characterising the working arrangements and productivity of Australian medical researchers during the COVID‐19 pandemic. Medical Journal of Australia, 213(11), 516–520. https://doi.org/10.5694/mja2.50860
Local Honey Won’t Fix Your Seasonal Allergies originally aired May 23, 2018 https://omny.fm/shows/curiosity-daily/local-honey-myths-nasa-to-the-moon-and-a-bisexual
Shisa Kanko May Look Odd To Outsiders, But It Keeps Train Passengers Safe by Ashley Hamer
- Richarz, A. (2017, March 29). Why Japan’s Rail Workers Can’t Stop Pointing at Things. Atlas Obscura; Atlas Obscura. https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/pointing-and-calling-japan-trains
- Gordenker, A. (2008, October 21). JR gestures. The Japan Times. https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2008/10/21/reference/jr-gestures/#.WPf_OVMrLVp
- MTA | news | Subway Conductors Point the Way to Safety. (2013). Mta.info. https://www.mta.info/news/2013/11/12/subway-conductors-point-way-safety
- Shinohara, K., Naito, H., Matsui, Y., & Hikono, M. (2013). The effects of “finger pointing and calling” on cognitive control processes in the task-switching paradigm. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 43(2), 129–136. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ergon.2012.08.004
- JICOSH Home | Concept of “Zero-accident Total Participation Campaign”[English]. (2017). Archive.org. https://web.archive.org/web/20181117051253/http://www.jniosh.go.jp:80/icpro/jicosh-old/english/zero-sai/eng/
Subscribe to Curiosity Daily to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. You can also listen to our podcast as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.