Resilience Is the Key to Your Well-Being in a Constantly Changing World
It’s hard to count on a world that’s constantly changing. That’s why it’s vital to grow internal strengths like grit, gratitude, and compassion — at least, according to Dr. Rick Hanson, a Senior Fellow of the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley and author of “Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core of Calm, Strength, and Happiness.” In this episode, he discusses the key to resilience, and to lasting well-being in a changing world.
More from Curiosity:
- The Method of Loci Is a Mnemonic Strategy That Can Help People With Depression
- Bad News Isn’t Everywhere—That’s Just Your Negativity Bias At Work
- Your Voice Changes When You Talk to Someone Attractive
Additional resources from Dr. Rick Hanson:
- “Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core of Calm, Strength, and Happiness”
- Dr. Rick Hanson’s website
- The Foundations of Well-Being
- Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley
- “Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence”
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.