Science Is a Process — and Bill Nye Explains Why
Bill Nye discusses the 2 things that make “science” what it is. Then, you’ll learn about how female tree frogs have noise-canceling lungs; and why your stomach growls when you’re hungry.
Additional resources from Bill Nye:
- Official website https://billnye.com/
- Bill Nye’s podcast, Science Rules! https://www.askbillnye.com/
- Pick up “Bill Nye’s Great Big World of Science” on Amazon https://amzn.to/3u8iKQi
- “Everything All at Once: How to Think Like a Science Guy, Solve Any Problem, and Make a Better World” on Amazon https://amzn.to/3whsk5j
- Follow @BillNye on Twitter https://twitter.com/BillNye
This frog has noise-canceling lungs by Cameron Duke
- Lee, N., Christensen-Dalsgaard, J., White, L. A., Schrode, K. M., & Bee, M. A. (2021). Lung Mediated Auditory Contrast Enhancement Improves the Signal-to-Noise Ratio for Communication in Frogs. Current Biology. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cub.2021.01.048
- This frog has lungs that act like noise-canceling headphones. (2021). ScienceDaily. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/03/210304145430.htm
Why your stomach growls when you’re hungry by Ashley Hamer (Listener question from Safin in Lisbon, Portugal)
- Why does your stomach growl when you are hungry? (2002, January 21). Scientific American. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-does-your-stomach-gro/
- What Makes Your Stomach Growl? (2020, February 12). Wonderopolis.org. https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/what-makes-your-stomach-growl
Follow Curiosity Daily to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer — for free! You can also listen to our podcast as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.