Should You Exercise on an Empty Stomach?
Bestselling author and CBS news correspondent David Pogue explains why climate change is leading to more kidney stones and bar fights. Then, learn about the “doorway effect” when you forget why you walked into a room; and whether you should exercise on an empty stomach.
Additional resources from David Pogue:
- Pick up “How to Prepare for Climate Change: A Practical Guide to Surviving the Chaos” on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3fq65UY
- David Pogue’s website: https://davidpogue.com
- David Pogue on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Pogue
- David Pogue on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThePogueman
A new study dives into the ‘doorway effect,’ or the tendency to forget things when you walk in a room by Cameron Duke
- McFadyen, J., Nolan, C., Pinocy, E., Buteri, D., & Baumann, O. (2021). Doorways do not always cause forgetting: a multimodal investigation. BMC Psychology, 9(1). https://doi.org/10.1186/s40359-021-00536-3
- Nield, D. (2021). What Did I Come in Here For? New Study Explains The Weird “Doorway Effect.” ScienceAlert. https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-find-the-doorway-effect-could-be-real-but-only-in-overloaded-brains
Should You Exercise on an Empty Stomach? originally aired November 29, 2018 https://omny.fm/shows/curiosity-daily/exercising-on-an-empty-stomach-how-to-measure-curi
Follow Curiosity Daily to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer — for free! You can also listen to our podcast as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.