Simple Wildlife Solutions, Sunlight’s Sexy Hormones, Trivia
Learn about simple solutions for resolving human-wildlife conflict; and how exposure to sunlight can increase romance. Plus: Trivia!
More from “America’s funniest science writer” Mary Roach:
- Pick up “Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law” at your local bookstore to learn more about the weird world of human-wildlife conflict: https://www.indiebound.org/book/9781324001935
- Mary Roach’s official website: https://maryroach.net/
- Follow @mary_roach on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mary_roach
Exposure to sunlight releases sexy hormones, leading to more romantic passion by Grant Currin
- Exposure to sunlight enhances romantic passion in humans. (2021, August 25). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/926348
- Parikh, R., Sorek, E., Parikh, S., Michael, K., Bikovski, L., Tshori, S., Shefer, G., Mingelgreen, S., Zornitzki, T., Knobler, H., Chodick, G., Mardamshina, M., Boonman, A., Kronfeld-Schor, N., Bar-Joseph, H., Ben-Yosef, D., Amir, H., Pavlovsky, M., Matz, H., & Ben-Dov, T. (2021). Skin exposure to UVB light induces a skin-brain-gonad axis and sexual behavior. Cell Reports, 36(8), 109579. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.celrep.2021.109579
Episodes referenced in Curiosity Challenge Trivia game:
- One purchase leads to more: https://www.curiositydaily.com/diderot-effect-animated-cave-art-running-benefits-your-knees/
- Cells kill bacteria: https://www.curiositydaily.com/mapping-the-ocean-soap-making-cells-crows-comprehend-zero/
- Mountains on neutron stars: https://www.curiositydaily.com/backward-letters-dogs-detect-lies-neutron-star-mountains/
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.