Stress During Pregnancy Might Affect the Baby’s Sex
Learn about how stress during pregnancy can affect a newborn’s sex; skipping stone physics in space; and overspending.
Stress can make a pregnant person twice as likely to have a girl by Grant Currin
- Beres, D. (2021, April 13). Stressed-out mothers are twice as likely to give birth to a girl. Big Think; Big Think. https://bigthink.com/surprising-science/stress-pregnancy
- Romero-Gonzalez, B., Puertas-Gonzalez, J. A., Gonzalez-Perez, R., Davila, M., & Peralta-Ramirez, M. I. (2021). Hair cortisol levels in pregnancy as a possible determinant of fetal sex: a longitudinal study. Journal of Developmental Origins of Health and Disease, 1–6. https://doi.org/10.1017/s2040174420001300
Scientists have shed light on the physics of skipping stones to make landing spacecraft safer by Briana Brownell
- Tang, J., Zhao, K., Chen, H., & Cao, D. (2021). Trajectory and attitude study of a skipping stone. Physics of Fluids, 33(4), 043316. https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0040158
- Stone skipping techniques can improve reentry of space vehicles. (2021). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2021-04/aiop-sst041521.php
- Advanced Aerospace Medicine On-line. (2018, April 11). FAA.gov.
- Lovell, J., Kluger, J. (1994). Apollo 13. Houghton Mifflin.
- C. Clanet, F. Hersen, and L. Bocquet, “ Secrets of successful stone-skipping,” Nature 427, 29–29 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1038/427029a
To Avoid Overspending, Think of Money as Hours of Your Life originally aired September 26, 2018 https://omny.fm/shows/curiosity-daily/gardening-with-martian-soil-how-to-stop-overspendi
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.