Ways Black Holes Can Kill You (w/ Katie Mack), Rituals to Improve Self-Control, and Ice Cream Types
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories from Curiosity.com — and talk to astrophysicist Katie Mack about black holes — to help you get smarter and learn something new in just a few minutes:
- Performing Meaningless Rituals Can Improve Your Self-Control
- There Are at Least 4 Ways a Black Hole Could Kill You
- What’s The Difference Between Ice Cream, Gelato, Frozen Custard, Frozen Yogurt, And Others?
More from Dr. Katherine “Katie” Mack, theoretical astrophysicist and cosmologist:
- Katie Mack’s official website
- Research website
- Blog: The Universe, in Theory
- YouTube series “Pint in the Sky”
- “Pint in the Sky” podcast
If you like black holes, you’ll love the story of how scientists first detected gravitational waves. That’s beautifully told in “Black Hole Blues and Other Songs from Outer Space” by Janna Levin, a theoretical astrophysicist and award-winning writer. We handpick reading recommendations we think you may like. If you choose to make a purchase, Curiosity will get a share of the sale.
Plus: Amazon smart speaker users, enable our Alexa Flash Briefing to learn something new in just a few minutes every day!