What Are Monoclonal Antibodies? (w/ Dr. Lawrence Purpura)
Dr. Lawrence Purpura explains monoclonal antibodies and the different types of treatments that could help us fight the coronavirus. Plus: learn about the Oddo-Harkins rule and why the universe seems to hate odd numbers.
Why the Universe Seems to Hate Odd Numbers by Cameron Duke
- Inglis-Arkell, E. (2013a, January 24). One physical phenomenon that orders our entire universe. Io9; io9. https://io9.gizmodo.com/one-physical-phenomenon-that-orders-our-entire-universe-5978221
- Inglis-Arkell, E. (2013b, October 17). The Oddo-Harkins Rule shows the universe hates the odd. Io9; io9. https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-oddo-harkins-rule-shows-the-universe-hates-the-odd-1446581327
- Prantzos, N., & Ekström, S. (2011). Stellar Nucleosynthesis. Encyclopedia of Astrobiology, 1584–1592. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-11274-4_1084
- The evolution of the elements and the stability of complex atoms. I. a new periodic system which shows a relation between the abundance of the elements and the structure of the nuclei of atoms. (2019). Acs.org. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja02250a002
Additional resources from Dr. Lawrence Purpura:
- Lawrence Purpura’s publications on ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/scientific-contributions/Lawrence-Purpura-2115048786
- Interview with Dr. Purpura about his upcoming appearance on NYT’s “The Weekly”: https://icap.columbia.edu/profile-icap-fellow-lawrence-purpura-to-feature-in-nyt-documentary-on-hulu-and-fx/
- Columbia University’s Division of Infectious Diseases: https://www.infectiousdiseases.cumc.columbia.edu/
Subscribe to Curiosity Daily to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. You can also listen to our podcast as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.