When to Worry About COVID-19 Variants
Learn about what’s going on with the new COVID-19 variants — and whether you should worry about them — with Dr. Syra Madad, nationally recognized epidemiologist and the senior director of the pathogens program at NYC Health and Hospitals. Then, learn about a new theory on how our planets formed.
Additional resources from Dr. Syra Madad and #ConqueringCOVID:
- Official website https://scty.org/syra
- Follow @SyraMadad on Twitter https://twitter.com/syramadad
- The Vaccine: Conquering COVID https://press.discovery.com/us/sci/programs/vaccine-conquering-covid/
- Start your 7-day free trial of discovery+ https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity
New theory on how our planets formed by Grant Currin
- How our planets were formed. (2021). Ethz.ch. https://ethz.ch/en/news-and-events/eth-news/news/2021/01/how-our-planets-were-formed.html
- Lichtenberg, T., Dra̧żkowskaJ., Schönbächler, M., Golabek, G. J., & Hands, T. O. (2021). Bifurcation of planetary building blocks during Solar System formation. Science, 371(6527), 365–370. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.abb3091
Subscribe to Curiosity Daily to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. You can also listen to our podcast as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.