Why You Need a Virtual Commute
Learn about why remote workers need a “virtual commute,” what happened when scientists tried growing prehistoric-sized insects, and how the solar system has not one, but two alignment planes.
Separate work from home with a “virtual commute” by author Kelsey Donk
- MacLellan, L. (2020, October). Create boundaries when working from home with commute rituals. Quartz at Work; Quartz. https://qz.com/work/1909901/how-to-design-virtual-commute-rituals-that-energize-you/
- Deighton, K. (2020, September 29). Microsoft Thinks You’ve Been Missing Your Commute in Lockdown. WSJ; The Wall Street Journal. https://www.wsj.com/articles/microsoft-thinks-youve-been-missing-your-commute-in-lockdown-11601373601
Scientists Tried Growing Prehistoric-Sized Insects, and Here’s What Happened by author Reuben Westmaas
- Meganeura – Encyclopedia of Life. (2020). Eol.Org. https://eol.org/pages/10511703
- Largest Land-Dwelling “Bug” of All Time. (2011, January 15). Largest Land-Dwelling “Bug” of All Time. National Geographic Society Newsroom. https://blog.nationalgeographic.org/2011/01/15/largest-land-dwelling-bug-of-all-time/
- Keim, B. (2010, September 29). How Plants May Have Made Large Predators Possible. WIRED. https://www.wired.com/2010/09/oxygen-and-evolution/
- Mosher, D. (2010, November 2). High Oxygen Levels Spawn Monster Dragonflies. WIRED. https://www.wired.com/2010/11/huge-dragonflies-oxygen/
The Solar System Has Two Alignment Planes by Grant Currin
- Second alignment plane of solar system discovered. (2020). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-09/nion-sap092920.php
- Higuchi, A. (2020). Anisotropy of Long-period Comets Explained by Their Formation Process. The Astronomical Journal, 160(3), 134. https://doi.org/10.3847/1538-3881/aba94d
- Starr, M. (2020). Radical Discovery Suggests The Solar System Has Two Planes of Orbital Alignment. ScienceAlert. https://www.sciencealert.com/it-looks-like-the-solar-system-has-two-planes-of-orbital-alignment
Subscribe to Curiosity Daily to learn something new every day with Ashley Hamer and Natalia Reagan (filling in for Cody Gough). You can also listen to our podcast as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.