Why You Should Care About Calculus (w/ Steven Strogatz) and Why Lying to Kids Is Harmful
Learn from popular mathematics writer and Cornell University Professor Steven Strogatz why calculus matters and what exactly calculus is. Plus, learn a surprising reason why you shouldn’t lie to your kids.
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following story from Curiosity.com about why kids who are told lies by their parents are more likely to lie when they grow up: https://curiosity.im/2NeyYUk
Additional resources from Steven Strogatz:
- “Infinite Powers: How Calculus Reveals the Secrets of the Universe” on Amazon — https://amzn.to/36bLz3d
- Additional publications — https://amzn.to/2MT4d8j
- Steven Strogatz official website — http://www.stevenstrogatz.com/
- Cornell University profile — https://math.cornell.edu/steven-strogatz
- Google Scholar profile — https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=FxyRWlcAAAAJ
- Follow @stevenstrogatz on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stevenstrogatz
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.